Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Outreach and Engagement Coordinator has primary responsibility for developing and implementing the United Jewish Federation of Utah’s strategy for our young adult and young family cohort. This includes the PJ Library program, the PJ Our Way program and the BeeCHAI (Young Adult/Young Leadership) cohort. Additional responsibilities will include outreach to all identified new members to our Federation community. This is a hands-on position with the goal of increasing connections and participation in Jewish life. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, creative, organized, and be able to act as a community organizer while possessing an unequivocal level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Work with Federation staff, Federation Trustees, committee members and volunteers to develop and increase the overall engagement in our PJ Library and Young Adult cohorts
- Manage all committees related to the PJ Library and Young Adult cohorts, as well as those related to the outreach to new community members
- Execute event development, planning, and coordination
- Prepare and manage the budgets for all outreach and engagement programs
- Secure sponsorships as necessary for related events and programs
- Coordinate with those in charge of marketing & social media to ensure program information is marketed appropriately and in a timely manner
- Be wiling to share program on personal social media accounts
- Develop and implement a year-round calendar for engagement programs for the Federation’s PJ Library and BeeCHAI/Young Leadership cohorts.
- Serve as primary contact between Federation and National PJ Library representatives
- Manage Grinspoon Foundation reporting and Grant process
- Build relationships with local synagogues and Jewish agencies
- Support all Federation special events
- Accept other duties and special programs as assigned
It is understood that the above duties and responsibilities are subject to change and are not intended to be 100% inclusive of all that will be expected to execute the position successfully.
- College degree preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years prior experience in a related field
- Strong networking skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience planning and marketing programs
- Creativity and vision
- Understanding of Jewish values, holidays, traditions, and culture
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate both inside and outside the organization
Required Attributes and Competencies
- Proven ability to manage volunteer committees
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate events in an effective and efficient manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Outstanding verbal and written skills and the ability to speak and present to the public
- Strong social media skills
The work is normally sedentary. There is walking, standing bending, and carrying of light items such as boxes, books, etc. When assisting with events, there is lifting up to 25lbs and there may be periods of prolonged standing. During peak times, i.e. special events, fundraising events, etc., all UJFU staff will be asked to work additional time outside of normal working hours.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Jobs@shalomutah.org